Preparing For Installation Of New Flooring
In order to properly prepare for the installation of your new flooring please review the following points prior to the arrival of the installation professionals from Satolli Carpet & Floor Covering.
On the scheduled day of the installation, each customer should have a responsible person on the premises at the time of installation in order to verify the correct materials and inspect the job upon completion. Our installers will call you prior to arriving with an approximate time of arrival.
Before the installation team arrives, please prepare the following:
- Remove all items from closet floors and under beds
- Remove all bedcovering, fragile items, electronics, lamps. knick-knacks, glassware, books, breakables, valuables, and all items from the top of your furniture
- All computers, stereos, televisions, cables and satellite TV boxes and other electronic equipment must be disconnected
- While Satolli Carpet & Floor Covering does not normally charge for the moving of furniture, additional charges may apply to areas with excessive or heavy furniture or any furniture that requires disassembly. We do not move grandfather clocks, aquariums, pool tables, waterbeds, safes, weightlifting and gym equipment or grand pianos. These items should be professionally moved.
- We are not responsible for damages as a result of disconnection or reconnecting any water supply lines, appliances, toilets, etc. we recommend that the homeowner use a certified plumber, electrician or contractor to do this as necessary.
- Should you require positioning of any wires, cables, phone lines, etc, please discuss this with your installer prior to installation. Our professional installation crews will try to accommodate your requests but cannot be responsible for any damage that may occur. We recommend that you contact a professional for any sensitive wiring or cabling.
- For condominiums and gated communities, please check with the building or property management for accessibility to parking, elevators, service entrances and procedures. All access arrangements must be made prior to our installers arriving.
- Please make certain that there inadequate power, fight and ventilation available for at least 24 hours prior to installation. Heat in the cooler months is mandatory for all installations and air conditioning is mandatory for all hard surface installations. Please vacuum the old carpet thoroughly prior to its removal. This will cut down on the dust and debris that is released into the air and keep the new carpet cleaner.
- Please have your existing flooring removed prior to the installers' arrival. If you are removing old carpeting and padding yourself, please leave the costing tack boards down only if replacing with new carpet. If you wish for Satolli Carpet & Floor Covering to remove your existing flooring, we can provide that service for you for an additional cost Please discuss this with your sales representative.
Notes about carpet and floooring installation
- Just as with any material such as wall coverings, clothing, drapes or upholstery, seams are sometimes visible. Some carpets and vinyl will seam better than others. Each fabric has its own characteristics. Our installers take great pride in making seams as inconspicuous as possible. We can only guarantee that our seams will be properly made. Seam placement and the number of seams is a factor in determining the total material required. We will estimate your material requirements based on what our professional staff considers being proper seam placement If you should have a preference in seam placement. please inform your sales representative before any material is ordered.
- Due to the nature of the manufacturing process, most pent and multi-tone patterns are impossible to match exactly. Many of these styles will require additional material to achieve the closest match possible.
- Every installation has material waste. These left over pieces are most common in irregular rooms or when stairs and halls are carpeted. Our installation professionals will dispose of most waste during the cleanup process. Please advise the installation crews if you desire to keep any of the scrap material. The edges of these pieces can be bound to make area rugs or runners for a nominal fee.
- Baseboard moldings, in most installations, can be left in place. Our professional installation crews will work with the molding, but cannot be responsible for breakage or scratches. If you have quarter round moldings and wish to have them removed for your new flooring, please discuss this with your sales representative prior to the installation. Removal of the quarter round or shoe molding may cause some damage to your baseboards and paint.
- Our installers will gladly remove hinged doors and replace them after your new flooring is installed. If, however, your new flooring is thicker than your old flooring, the doors will need trimming or planning for proper clearance. In this instance, the doors will be left off their hinges so you can trim the doors.
- If your walls or ceilings need repainting, we recommend that all painting is completed two to five weeks prior to the installation of your new floors Always keep some left over paint for necessary painting and touch up.
- The installers will make a post installation inspection with you to guarantee your complete satisfaction. After the installation they will pick up and dispose of scrap materials. Normal installation methods may scuff or scratch your baseboards and walls. Expect touchups to paint or wallpaper after the installation.
- All COD's must be paid to the installer upon completion of the installation.